Please click here to view the Pandemic Emergency Plan for the Vincent Bove Health Center.
The Vincent Bove Health Center Visitation Rules and Requirements
- VISITATION GUIDELINES
(Effective January 12, 2022)
The Vincent Bove Health Center at Jefferson’s Ferry is conducting in-person visitations consistent with NYSDOH. All visitors must be screened prior to entering the building and are encouraged to be vaccinated prior to visiting. In addition, visitors to our skilled nursing unit are required to show proof of a negative SARS-Cov-2 test performed 24 hours prior to visitation for antigen tests and 48 hours prior to visitation for NAAT (e.g. PCR) tests. Visitors will be denied entrance to the building if they exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or do not pass the screening questions. For purposes of these Visitation Guidelines, the term “visitor” includes family members, friends, and companions that are not employees of Jefferson’s Ferry.
All visitors and residents must adhere to the following visitation guidelines:
- On-campus visits are recommended between 9:30am-9:30pm, Monday-Sunday. We ask that you notify our Therapeutic Recreation Department by calling 631-650-2656 prior to your visit or if you need additional accommodations.
When arriving at the Jefferson’s Ferry campus, visitors must enter through the Health Center main entrance to be screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. Visitors will then be directed and/or escorted to the designated visiting area or the resident’s private room.
Outside visitations are allowed and encouraged (weather permitting).
Indoor visitations are limited as follows to comply with NYSDOH social distancing requirements.
- Assisted Living: No more than two (2) visitors at one time.
- Skilled Nursing: No more than two (2) visitor at one time.
- Visitors must wear a disposable paper face mask covering both nose and mouth at all times.
- Social distancing is recommended
- Visitors may not travel through the Health Center or walk the hallways other than to reach the rear patio or the resident’s room.
- Consumption of food and beverages during the visit may occur in the privacy of the residents room if the resident wishes to and both resident and visitor are vaccinated.
- All visitors must use hand sanitizer before and after their visit. A hand sanitizer station is located at the entrance to the building.
If a visitor is unable to adhere to any of the above guidelines, the visitor will be asked to leave the building and may not be permitted to return.
Off-campus visitations are allowed. Families taking Health Center residents off-campus must be mindful of the potential risks, especially if the resident or the people they encounter have not been fully vaccinated. This includes being in crowds and poorly ventilated spaces. Jefferson’s Ferry recommends the utilization of masks, physical distancing, and hand hygiene during off-campus visitations.
If a resident comes into contact with someone who is ill with COVID-19, or becomes ill after visiting with a resident, please contact the residents nursing station immediately.
To schedule an off-campus visitation with your loved one please call your loved ones respective nursing station listed above.
Virtual visits will continue to be offered to residents. To schedule a virtual visit through FaceTime, Skype or Zoom please contact our Therapeutic Recreation Department by calling 631-650-2656 or email: [email protected].