Skilled Nursing Care in South Setauket, NY
Recognized for excellence time and again.
Skilled nursing care at Jefferson’s Ferry combines compassion with advanced nursing competency to improve the quality of life for every resident. Our registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and certified nursing assistants give residents the specialized senior care they need for an unparalleled experience and an elevated quality of life.
Our Vincent Bove Health Center has been consistently recognized for exceptional cleanliness, safety and quality of care. We’ve received a 5-Star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and we’re a four-time winner of the Pinnacle Quality Insight’s Customer Experience Award for “Best in Class” service in assisted living and skilled nursing care including overall resident and family satisfaction. Residents living in Jefferson’s Ferry apartments or cottages who’ve opted for the Life Care contract can transfer to skilled nursing care with no increase in monthly fee.
When you or a loved one needs long-term supervision and skilled senior nursing care, you can trust the talented team at the Vincent Bove Health Center at Jefferson’s Ferry.
Quite possibly the finest skilled nursing services on Long Island.
Skilled nursing care services at the Vincent Bove Health Center have earned a 5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid services.
Included with skilled nursing at Jefferson’s Ferry
- Our 24-hour licensed nursing staff
- Social, physical, spiritual and cultural activities
- Therapeutic programs
- Massage therapist
- 24-hour security
- Personal emergency response system
- Pharmacy delivery
- Maintenance and weekly housekeeping
- Local transportation for medical appointments
- Weekly linen and personal laundry
- Three meals served daily in our elegant dining room
Enhanced services included with care.
- Assistance with unmanaged incontinence
- Assistance with eye drops
- Assistance with cueing and/or specialty diets
- Assistance with medical equipment such as oxygen, concentrators, nebulizers
- Assistance with ambulation
- Intermittent nursing care
- Reminders and encouragement to attend activities and social gatherings
Skilled Nursing Care FAQ
What is skilled nursing care?
Skilled nursing residents at the Vincent Bove Health Center receive licensed, comprehensive, round-the-clock care in private suites that can include any of these services:
- IV therapy
- Postsurgical care
- Wound care
- Nutrition management
- Orthopedic and joint replacement rehab
- Poststroke rehabilitation
- Speech therapy
- Occupational therapies
- Other support services
When is skilled nursing care necessary?
In the short term, after an illness or injury, skilled care is often called for. These are common conditions that require skilled care for seniors:
- Congestive heart failure
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Cardiac failure
- Parkinson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Other major illness
- Hip or bone fracture
- Fall-related injury
- Orthopedic surgery
- Severe osteoarthritis
When would someone need long-term care?
Potential candidates for long-term nursing care include those who are dealing with:
- An ongoing health condition or disability
- Chronic severe pain
- Chronic medical condition
- Permanent disability
- Need for help with activities of daily living
- Advanced age that has led to frailty and a need for supervision