Senior Rehabilitation in South Setauket, NY
Getting you home, faster.
Transitioning from hospital to home after surgery or illness requires expert care, a full range of services, and an environment designed to promote healing and well-being. That’s exactly what you’ll experience with short-term rehabilitation services at the Vincent Bove Health Center at Jefferson’s Ferry.
We combine interdisciplinary, coordinated care, along with advanced therapy programs, personalized care plans, 24-hour RNs, certified therapists and state-of-the-art equipment to provide the very best in short-term senior rehab seven days a week.
If you ever need Medicare-certified, short-term skilled care and advanced senior rehabilitation therapies in South Setauket, N.Y., look to the Bove Center at Jefferson’s Ferry.
We’re with you every step of the way.
Whether you’re a resident or not, senior rehabilitation services at the Vincent Bove Health Center at Jefferson’s Ferry will get you back where you want to be in short order.
Trained and certified in senior rehabilitation therapies.
Whatever your goals following illness, injury or recovery from planned surgery, the professionals at the Bove Center will help you reach them.
Increase strength, coordination and balance.
Improve speaking and cognitive capacity.
Increase endurance, improve range of joint motion, restore independence.
Senior Rehabilitation FAQ
What does physical therapy rehab include?
If you have experienced neuromuscular or skeletal dysfunction, physical therapy at Bove Health Center provides individualized therapeutic treatment to help restore function and may include:
- Training in mobility, gait stability, posture and positioning
- Exercise programs to increase muscle function, coordination and endurance
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization to increase range of motion
- Wound care
- Pain management
Is occupational therapy basically the same as physical therapy?
Though similar, insofar as helping to restore strength and mobility, occupational therapy helps people adapt to their social and physical environment through:
- Education and training in areas such as dressing, bathing, eating and grooming
- Activities for memory, orientation and cognitive integration
- Adaptive techniques or equipment to overcome physical disabilities
- Strengthening and coordination exercises
- Exercises to maintain normal joint movement to reduce the effects of arthritis or other conditions
When is speech therapy rehab indicated?
Speech and language pathologists address general communication issues and swallowing dysfunction. Treatment plans are designed for such individual needs as:
- Recovery of speech, language and memory skills
- Verbal and nonverbal communication, including programs for the hearing-impaired
- Oral muscle strength and functioning required for speaking and swallowing
- Appropriate diet recommendations