Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new virus causing illnesses such as common cold, severe acute respiratory syndrome. The virus spreads from person to person among close contact by respiratory droplets.
It is recommended by WHO and the CDC to:
- Avoid large events/mass gatherings
- Avoid close contact ( within 6 feet) especially if you are at high risk for serious illness
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol based hand sanitizer with a strength of 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Clean and disinfect surfaces you often touch on a daily basis
What we are doing to protect our residents and employees:
- We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak as it unfolds and are closely following the guidance of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) the Center for Disease Control, and state and local guidelines.
- We have implemented enhanced infection control protocols and placed significant limits on visitation and social contact within our community.
- We are regularly contacting residents through all levels of communication and keeping them up to date as the situation develops.
Specific to the Vincent Bove Health Center
- All visitations to residents of the Vincent Bove Health Center (assisted living and skilled nursing) are prohibited except for essential staff and medical personnel.
- Essential employees are screened before entering the health center.
- All staff working in skilled nursing, housekeeping and maintenance working in the health center will be wearing masks at all times.
- Health Center residents are not permitted access to the Independent Living area.
Specific to Independent Living
- Any resident who is experiencing symptoms of a respiratory or contagious illness has been asked to self-isolate, remaining in their apartment or home and immediately consult with their physician and notify our Healthy Living Center. We recommend that they remain in their homes until they have been symptom free for 24 hours or cleared by medical professionals.
- Any residents who have traveled outside the United States or to a highly infected area inside the United States over the past 14 days and/or is experiencing any symptoms of illness or has been exposed to any person exhibiting symptoms of illness to avoid social contact and self-isolate.
- Group social contact is being discouraged throughout the community.
- Dining room and café are closed; dining is available for takeout seven days a week. Common areas are closed and social activities and outside programs and services are cancelled until further notice.
- Transportation will be provided only for urgent medical appointments.
- Residents are advised to discourage all visitors.
Specific to Employees:
- Essential employees are screened before entering the health center and must wear masks at all times.
- Staff has been instructed to perform enhanced infection control protocols, and has been instructed to stay home if they are experiencing symptoms of a respiratory or contagious illness until they have been symptom free for 24 hours. Medical clearance is required before the employee can return to work.
- Staff members who have traveled outside the United States or to a highly infected area inside the United States over the past 14 days, are experiencing any symptoms of illness, or have been exposed to any individual experiencing symptoms of illness, is currently being tested or quarantined, have been instructed to stay home. They are required to obtain clearance by a medical professional before returning to work.